With a dedicated team of professional staff our forest operations are developed and maintained as a key strategic component of our business growth.
- Currently own and manage 8,000 hectares of pinus radiata plantations.
- Apply intensive management regimes to deliver quality products and to ensure sustainable forest management.
- Plantation products, each with a range of size and grade, include: sawlog; veneer log; roundwood; woodchip.
- Commitment to an annual expansion program.
- Network of contractors – site preparation and land management, planting, silviculture, harvesting and transport of logs for processing.
- Active member of Southern Tree Breeders Association – develop tree quality and management technology.
- Active participation as a CFA Forest Industry Brigade with trained AKD employees and AKD owned appliances maintained for deployment under the CFA structure.