Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Apprentice Saw Technician - STCAB0921
12 September 2021
Apprentice Saw Technician
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
AKD has a long standing and successful Apprenticeship Program and is seeking motivated and driven candidates to join our Production and Maintenance teams as a Saw Technician Apprentice.
This position will be based alongside our team of fully qualified Saw Technicians and apprentices across our Caboolture site. Learning all aspects of the role, these positions will work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Saw Technology.
This is a full-time position based and will involve all aspects of sawing performance using the latest technology available. This position would suit a hard working, skilled and career driven applicant that is looking for career with an innovative timber manufacturing business running the latest technology in Saw Milling equipment.
We are offering a great opportunity and strong career path development opportunities for the right candidate. Relocation assistance is available for the candidate and their family.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Excellence in maintain sawing machines, tools, and performance to a high standard
- Working with the team to complete alignments, services and monitoring sawing machines across the sites
- Run CPI based service routines
- Be multi skilled across a number of hands on tasks, with development across a number of areas
- Perform routine service work and preventative maintenance to ensure our saws are first class
The successful applicants will have:
- A desire to continue to learn and grow
- Good time management skills, being able to prioritise tasks
- Commitment and hard working attitude
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Throughout and post the completion of the program there is opportunities for experience to be gained at other sites/locations, with accommodation and travel support provided.
With a commitment of 3 years required to complete your trade, gain on the job training and attend trade school, individuals must be highly motivated, flexible and keen to learn. AKD is committed to developing and supporting individuals throughout the program.
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email resume using reference code ‘STCAB0921’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 22nd September 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.