Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Automation and Controls Technician - CABTECH
2 November 2020
Automation and Controls Technician
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
We are now offering an experienced and qualified Technician that is flexible, willing to learn, enjoys a challenge and has experience in and a passion for Manufacturing Automation.
The fundamental purpose of this position is to plan and implement the effective installation and maintenance of electronic, mechanical and computer optimising systems. This position will play an integral role in the ongoing development and continuous improvement of our operations.
As part of the site electrical team; this is a hands-on role requiring someone with a can-do attitude. Must be willing to get hands dirty and be able to work closely with and foster strong engagement with maintenance, project and operational teams. Must be motivated by targets and results.
Reporting to the site Electrical Manager the position will take the lead on site automation, however, may also work as part of the wider AKD Group Automation and Controls team.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Installation and maintenance of electronic, mechanical and computer optimising systems
- PLC Program modifications
- Fault finding of PLC controlled equipment
- Drafting and Design
- Design, Install and Program Electronic Safety Systems
- Upgrading, servicing and commissioning of PLC controlled equipment
- This position may suit someone with a degree or qualification in Automation, Electronics, Mechatronics or Industrial Systems, or an experienced special classed electrician. For us, the ‘right’ person and capabilities is more important than the right qualification.
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Extensive experience with PLC's, VSD’s, Motion Control in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience (ideally 5+ years) with programming products (ideally Allen Bradley and Rockwell)
- Ability to design auxiliary automated equipment
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to identify, propose and execute machine performance/ value generation opportunities
If you’re keen to join the team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume (using reference code CABTECH) to: email@example.com
Note: Applications close 13th November 2020
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.