Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Electrical Technician - ELETECH
7 December 2020
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
We are now offering an experienced and qualified Electrical Technician that is flexible, willing to learn, enjoys a challenge and has experience in and a passion for Manufacturing Automation.
This position will play an integral role in the ongoing development of preventative & predictive maintenance and production efficiency. As part of the site electrical team; this is a hands-on role requiring someone with a can-do attitude and experience in planning and guiding electrical works within a manufacturing environment.
The successful applicant must be willing to get hands dirty and be able to work closely with and foster strong engagement with maintenance, project and operational teams. This is a full-time position based at our Caboolture site, with an attractive day shift roster.
Preferred qualities and qualifications include:
- Completed trade certificate
- PLC fault finding-Allen Bradley SLC504 / Control Logix
- SCADA (Citect and FTV) would be an advantage
- VSD installations, programming and fault finding.
- Project and plant upgrades as required.
- Sound knowledge and acceptance of OH&S Principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Recording of maintenance activities in the CMMS (Mex)
- Task Planning to ensure effective time management
- Ideally experienced in leading a team or ambitions to develop into a leader
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Extensive experience with PLC's, VSD’s, Motion Control in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience (ideally 5+ years) with programming products (ideally Allen Bradley and Rockwell)
- Ability to plan tasks to ensure effective outcomes
- Ability to design auxiliary automated equipment
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems
- Ability to identify, propose and execute machine performance/ value generation opportunities
If you’re keen to join the team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume (using reference code ELETECH) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications close 18th December 2020
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.