Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Electrical Technicians - Shift - ELEC
13 April 2021
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
We are now seeking experienced and qualified Electrical Technicians that are flexible, willing to learn, enjoy a challenge and are experienced in and passionate for Manufacturing Automation.
This position will play an integral role in the sites preventative & predictive maintenance and production efficiency. As part of the site electrical team, this is a hands-on role requiring someone with a can-do attitude and experience in electrical maintenance works within a manufacturing environment.
The successful applicant must be willing to get hands dirty and be able to work closely with all maintenance, project, and operational teams. This is a full-time Night/Afternoon shift position based at our Caboolture site reporting to the Site Electrical Team Leader.
Preferred qualities and qualifications include:
- Dual trade Electrical/Instrument Highly regarded
- PLC fault finding-Allen Bradley SLC504 / Control Logix
- SCADA (Citect and FTV) would be an advantage
- VSD installations, programming and fault finding.
- Sound knowledge and acceptance of OH&S Principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Recording of maintenance activities in the CMMS (Mex)
- Task Planning to ensure effective time management
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Completed Electrical Trade certificate
- Experience with PLC's, VSD’s, Motion Control in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with programming products (ideally Allen Bradley and Rockwell)
- Experience with Process Instrumentation (Temp, Pressure, Flow)
- Ability to plan tasks to ensure effective outcomes
- Ability to identify, propose and execute machine performance/ value generation opportunities
If you’re keen to join the team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume (using reference code ELEC) to: email@example.com
Note: Applications close 23rd April 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.