Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Maintenance Fitter Caboolture Queensland Site
22 November 2019
Caboolture Queensland Site
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies. With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 600 people, AKD Softwoods are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join their team.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated problem-solver with a mechanical trade who is looking for an exciting challenge.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor you will have proven experience with providing solutions and technical expertise for the hands on maintenance of plant and equipment to support the Site Production teams and in improving the plant's preventative maintenance and reliability programs that minimise plant down time.
The position will initially be on a 40hr/week rotating shift roster although the role will transition at some future point to work alternate shift patterns as required.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues. It is essential that you have strong communication skills
- Be focused on preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Perform breakdown works efficiently to support production teams
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensure compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Willing to work as part of the broader maintenance team and coordinate activities with regard to operational requirements
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Mechanical trade certificate
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
Remuneration will be commensurate with the site Enterprise Agreement.
This is a full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please discuss directly or email Michael Short E: email@example.com
Applications Close November 29th
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.