Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Maintenance Team Leader - MTL0521
1 April 2021
Maintenance Team Leader
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
Due to continued growth we are offering several exciting opportunities for energetic, self-motivated problem-solvers with a mechanical trade who are looking for an exciting challenge.
Reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader you will have proven experience with providing solutions and technical expertise for the hands on maintenance of plant and equipment. The position is key to supporting the Site Production teams and improving the plant's preventative maintenance and reliability programs that minimise plant down time.
The positions will be on our “lifestyle” roster based on 12hr shifts with a 7-day rest period every 4 weeks. This position also offers an attractive annualised renumeration with opportunity for overtime.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues, with strong communication skills
- Preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Performing breakdown works efficiently to support production teams
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Willing to work as part of the broader maintenance team and coordinate activities with regard to operational requirements
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Mechanical trade certificate
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
If you are results orientated, thrive on a challenge and believe you hold the commitment and energy to succeed in such a role, then please apply via SEEK or send your cover letter and resume referencing the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 25th June 2021.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.