Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Maintenance Team leader - MTL0321
1 April 2021
Maintenance Team Leader
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
Due to current growth we are offering a ‘hands on’ leadership opportunity for the right candidate to become a Maintenance Team Leader as part of our Caboolture operations. Leading a small team of shift trades the position will require someone with a:
- Desire to lead small teams and build on existing practices
- Strong mechanical ability and willingness to be ‘hands on’
- Passion for continuous improvement (of both people and processes)
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated individual looking for an exciting challenge or to take the next step in their career.
Caboolture is located within the beautiful Moreton Bay Region of Queensland, just 44 kilometres north of Brisbane, on the doorstep to Bribie Island and the sensational Sunshine Coast and Hinterland.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be part of and contribute to the exciting and substantial expansion plans of the site whilst leading and guiding maintenance personnel. This role will coordinate their team to achieve high levels of safety, preventative maintenance and production efficiency.
The ideal candidate will hold the following characteristics, skills and requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance to all relevant standards
- Keen to develop and work within a high performing team
- Motivated, passionate candidate with a strong work ethic and culture
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Strength in engaging with others to achieve united outcomes
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience leading, coaching and developing teams
- Trade qualified with operational experience
- Previous experience in CMMS systems
Remuneration will be commensurate with the site Enterprise Agreement. This is a full-time position with a promising future.
If you are results orientated, thrive on a challenge and believe you hold the commitment and energy to succeed in such a role, then please apply using reference code ‘MTL0321’ in your cover letter along with a resume. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 24th April 2021.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.