Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Mechanical Supervisor - Caboolture Queensland Site - Closed
8 April 2019
Caboolture Queensland Site
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 600 people, AKD Softwoods are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join their team.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated problem-solver with a dedicated approach to mechanical maintenance who is looking for an exciting challenge. This role is a key leadership position within our business, the expectations of leadership is that you are a safety and people development champion, with a presence on the floor at the front line with flexibility being a key attribute.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manger you will have a trade qualification and your responsibilities will include providing support and technical expertise regarding the maintenance of mechanical plant and equipment, providing leadership and ensuring compliance to relevant standards including ensuring we are creating high performing teams.
To be successful, we believe it requires you to work with your teams directly, in a capacity of “hands on”, this will require some shift work flexibility across three shifts and scheduled weekends. It’s our belief this will enable you to directly influence individuals and provide the work environment, (over a period of time) for the teams to be empowered, responsible, accept delegated authority and accountable for the business to gain engagement.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to maintenance issues. It is essential that you have strong communication skills
- Be focused on systematic continuous improvement
- Strength in managing reports to ensure engagement and efficiency
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensure compliance to all relevant standards
- Engage with contractors to ensure quality and delivery standards are met
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ensure quality of workmanship from trade team
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Mechanical trade certificate
- Previous experience in CMMS systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Previous experience leading, coaching and developing teams
- Strong computer literacy
- Ability to drive culture change
This is a full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please discuss directly or call Michael Short 0457 810 566.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.