Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Mechanical Supervisor - Caboolture Site
22 January 2019
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 600 people, AKD Softwoods are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join their team.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated problem-solver with experience in mechanical maintenance who is looking for an exciting challenge. This role could also suit applicants looking to take the next step in their career by moving into a supervisory role. Relocation assistance will be available for the right applicant.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manger you will have a trade qualification and your responsibilities will include providing support and technical expertise regarding the maintenance of mechanical plant and equipment, providing leadership and ensuring compliance to relevant standards.
This will be a salaried position based on a 5 day working week Monday through Friday and will suit those who strive to provide value adding solutions for the organisation in line with AKD’s values and objectives.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to maintenance issues. It is essential that you have strong communication skills
- Be focused on systematic continuous improvement
- Strength in managing reports to ensure engagement and efficiency
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensure compliance to all relevant standards
- Engage with contractors to ensure quality and delivery standards are met
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to drive change
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Mechanical trade certificate
- Previous experience in CMMS systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Previous experience leading, coaching and developing teams
- Strong computer literacy
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills, experience and fit to the organisation’s culture.
This is a full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please discuss directly or call Michael Short 0457 810 566.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.