Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Payroll & Administration Officer - PAYROLL21
7 December 2021
Payroll & Administration Officer
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
AKD is seeking an experienced, energetic, self-driven and diligent Payroll Professional to join our team. This position will support and execute the completion of the payroll function from end to end and is suited to someone seeking a stable job with opportunities for development and progression.
The Payroll & Administration Officer will assist with various administration duties and ensure that all aspects of payroll are completed in a timely manner as per the payroll schedules and timeframes, whilst ensuring the highest level of accuracy and compliance is achieved. This position is based at our Caboolture site and will report to the Site Finance Manager.
We believe the position will best suit someone with either a relevant Qualification (or similar) and/or someone with demonstrated experience in a relevant payroll position. Exposure to Sage financial products is an advantage, but not a necessity.
The key to success in this position will be the ability of the individual to own the site EBA and payroll process to effectively complete accurate and timely payroll processing and reporting. This is a great opportunity for someone who embraces a challenge whist having fun in a business that loves developing its people. It is intended for the individual in this position to develop and progress to supporting the national payroll team and function, helping with month end of month processes, and supporting other AKD sites.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Payroll processing of weekly wage personnel for 150 + employees
- Responding to payroll enquiries in an accurate, confidential and timely manner
- Assisting with on-boarding and processing of new starts
- Preparation of general payroll & HR reports and documents
- Payroll/HR administration duties including digital file management and collation of reports
- Providing informed advice to managers, supervisors and employees on entitlements in accordance with Company Policies and Enterprise Agreements
- Accounts Payable and contractor processing
- To support the company with general accounting and administration as required
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience in similar role
- Familiarity with payroll and HR legislative frameworks
- Experience with Accounting, Payroll and time-keeping systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
If you think this role is right for you please apply via Seek or by emailing your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘PAYROLL21’. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 15th December 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.