Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Production Supervisor - PS1121
10 November 2021
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated person to lead production at our Caboolture Green Mill. The position requires a suitably experienced Production Supervisor, who is committed to our people, their safety and continuous improvement of our product and processes.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will lead daily activities with a ‘hands on’ approach within the operational arena. This position will be coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance, equipment utilisation and quality. The role is a key position within the departments leadership team, with a development pathway intended towards management experience and exposure.
Leading a team of approximately 25 people, it is preferred the applicants have previous experience in developing and leading high performing teams and an unrelenting commitment to safety. Having worked in a similar timber process manufacturing facility or industrial manufacturing environment is desired but not mandatory.
The successful applicant will:
- Communicate effectively with site personnel to support a process of continuous improvement
- Effectively lead the production teams to maximise production output, fibre recovery and quality target achievement in a safe manner
- Provide advice and training systems to AKD employees and contractors regarding best practice standards, and quality workmanship
- Promote ongoing support and leadership in the development of your team
- Contribute to maximising equipment uptime and efficiencies working across different teams
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Absolute Commitment to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Mechanical / engineering aptitude
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Ability to develop a high performing team
- Proven ability of developing key professional relationships
- Act autonomously
- Relevant trade/qualifications will be viewed upon favourably
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘PS1121’ to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via SEEK.
Applications Close: 29th November 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.