Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Saw Doctor - Colac & Caboolture - SAWQLD
2 June 2021
(Colac & Caboolture)
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering opportunities for energetic and self motivated people to join our team of fully qualified and training saw doctors.
These are full time positions based at our Colac (VIC) site and our Caboolture (QLD) site and will involve all aspects of saw doctoring. This position would suit a hard working and skilled applicant that is looking for a career in an innovative timber manufacturing business.
Our saw doctors are using the latest model equipment and technology in areas such as CNC bandsaw and circular saw servicing equipment.
We are offering above award wages and associated shift allowances as well as relocation expenses for the right candidates.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure safe work practices
- Sharpen and maintain knives and saws
- Redress and maintain saw guide blocks and circular saw guides
- Ensure saw lube units are at required levels
- Levelling and tensioning saws
- Set saws onto saw grinders and sharpen
- Perform saw changes and preventative maintenance
- General housekeeping tasks
The successful applicants will have:
- Good time management skills, being able to prioritise tasks
- Commitment and hard working attitude
- Ability to work alone or as part of a group
Minimum Trade Qualification: Complete or Near Complete Certificate III Saw Doctoring
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SAWCOLAC’ or ‘SAWQLD’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100 or email@example.com.
Note: Applications close 18th June 2021.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.