Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Senior Electrical Engineer - CABELEC21
12 October 2021
Senior Electrical Engineer
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical, Instrumentation, and Controls Engineer that is flexible, driven, enjoys a challenge and has manufacturing industry experience to join our team in Caboolture, Queensland.
Reporting to the Site Engineering & Project Manager, this position will lead the electrical design, construction, and installation of process improvements and capital works projects to optimise plant throughput. This position will provide technical expertise into specialist equipment design, operation, and maintenance to achieve high levels of safety standards and equipment availability. The candidate will be required to work on several concurrent projects and engage internal and external stakeholders to drive business improvement.
The successful applicant will have a can-do attitude, be willing to get their hands dirty and to be able to work closely with key stakeholders including maintenance, engineering, and operational teams.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the leadership of safe electrical work practices for equipment design, installation, and commissioning with compliance to all regulatory requirements
- Provide project engineering, maintenance and technical support to the Operations team
- Project manage the delivery of Capital and Operational improvement initiatives from concept through to installation and commissioning
- Ensure plant technical integrity is protected by managing electrical equipment and systems
- Control system design, programming, and commissioning
- Optimise automation systems to eliminate process faults and maximise operational throughput
- Assist with reliability improvement of electrical equipment to meet annual production plans
- Ensure the efficiency of maintenance processes on electrical equipment
- Contribute to ideas to improve OEE, Health and Safety
- Produce and interpret electrical and control drawings
- Mentor and develop automation and electrical resources
- Degree qualified in Engineering.
- 7+ years engineering and project management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Broad experience in equipment design, installation, and commissioning.
- Broad experience in equipment automation including process system design and optimisation.
- Experience with power distribution networks
- CPEng/RPEQ or actively progressing towards becoming Chartered status (preferred).
If you’re keen to join the AKD team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume (using reference code CABELEC21) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications close 29th October 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.