Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Shift Maintence Fitter - SMF0321
1 April 2021
Shift Maintenance Fitter
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated problem-solver with a mechanical trade who is looking for an exciting challenge.
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor you will have proven experience with providing solutions and technical expertise for the hands on maintenance of plant and equipment. The position is key to supporting the Site Production teams and improving the plant's preventative maintenance and reliability programs that minimise plant down time.
This position will play an integral role in the ongoing development of preventative & predictive maintenance and production efficiency. The position will require flexibility with the role initially be on a 40hr/week night shift roster.
You will have demonstrated experience in:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues, with strong communication skills
- Preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Performing breakdown works efficiently to support production teams
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
- Willing to work as part of the broader maintenance team and coordinate activities with regard to operational requirements
Experience & requirements:
- An absolute commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Mechanical trade certificate
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
Remuneration will be commensurate with the site Enterprise Agreement. This is a full-time position with a promising future.
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SMF0321’ to the below addresses. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 24th April 2021.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.