Careers - Caboolture - Queensland
Wood Machinist - WM0821
2 August 2021
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are offering an excellent opportunity for a qualified, energetic and self-motivated person to join our team of wood machinists. This is a full time position based at our Caboolture site and will involve all aspects of wood machining.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Perform tasks safely & efficiently
- Grind and set up planer heads
- Operate a CNC High Speed Planer to process timber products
- Assess and maintain cutter performance
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- General maintenance and care of machinery
- Comply with standard operating procedures and work instructions
The successful applicants will have:
- Good time management skills, be able to prioritise tasks.
- Have commitment and strong work ethic
- Be able to work alone or as part of a group
- Be reliable and flexible to suit shift configurations
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, verbal & written
- Show absolute commitment to Health and Safety of self and others
- Have experience on high speed planers (desirable)
Minimum Trade Qualification: Complete or Near Complete Certificate III Wood Machining
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘WM0821’ to the below addresses or apply via SEEK. For more information visit akd.com.au or (03) 5231 9100.
Applications Close 16th August 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.