Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Apprentice Fitter & Turner - FTCOLAC0921
12 September 2021
Apprentice Fitter & Turner
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
AKD has a long standing and successful Apprenticeship Program and is seeking a motivated and driven candidate to join our Maintenance team as a Fitter & Turner Apprentice.
These positions will be based alongside our 50+ team of fully qualified Fitter & Turners and apprentices across our Colac site. Learning all aspects of the role, these positions will work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Engineering, Mechanical Trade (Fitter & Turner).
Working on an attractive day shift roster for the first year of your apprenticeship, this position offers the ability to develop your skills in an industrial setting while working on ‘state of the art’ equipment.
We are offering a great opportunity and strong career path development opportunities for the right candidate. Relocation assistance is available for the candidate and their family.
Key duties & areas of development will include:
- Working in a team environment to resolve day to day maintenance issues, with strong communication skills
- Preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Performing breakdown works efficiently to support production teams
- Analysing and rectification of faults
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
The successful applicants will have:
- Commitment to health and safety
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- Good mathematical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong communicational skills, verbal & written
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
Throughout and post the completion of the program there is opportunities for experience to be gained at other sites/locations, with accommodation and travel support provided.
With a commitment of 4 years required to complete your trade, gain on the job training and attend trade school, individuals must be highly motivated, flexible and keen to learn. AKD is committed to developing and supporting individuals throughout the program.
These are full-time positions with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume using reference code ‘FTCOLAC0921’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: 22nd September 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.