Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Cleaning Supervisor - CLEAN21
19 February 2021
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We have an outstanding opportunity for someone with strong quality and supervision experience, to maintain, monitor and improve our Timber Mill cleaning practices.
The position requires an experienced Supervisor to manage cleaning staff to ensure all requirements relating to cleaning across the Colac site are met to provide a clean, safe and therefore productive work environment. Based out of our main site in Colac, the Cleaning Supervisor must have a strong commitment to safety and experience in coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance and quality.
The position provides great growth and development opportunities, and it is preferred but not mandatory that the successful candidate will have worked in a similar timber process manufacturing facility or industrial manufacturing environment.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Maintenance Planner and is based on a night shift roster with attractive shift loadings.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all aspects of cleaning are implemented and maintained to quality standards including contract management
- Maintain ongoing quality systems in relation to cleaning
- Working with supervisors and production staff on all aspects of cleaning and quality standards
- Highlighting or escalating any cleaning quality issues to management
- Maintain, review and update cleaning quality system procedures as needed
- Driving continuous improvement through all processes
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Absolute Commitment to Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to lead and motivate others & develop a high performing team
- Proven ability of developing key professional relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘CLEAN21’ to the below addresses. For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 10th March 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.