Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Condition Based Maintenance Technician - Application Closed
1 August 2017
Condition Based Maintenance Technician
38 hour week
AKD Softwoods is a successful and progressive timber processing company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products for a large variety of domestic and international markets. With over 400 employees, AKD Softwoods is going through an exciting growth phase. Including a multimillion dollar plant upgrade.
Applications are sought from a maintenance employee or VA experienced person who is interested in moving into the Condition Based Maintenance Arena. We are seeking an experienced and trade qualified Maintenance Employee that is flexible, willing to learn, enjoys a challenge and is happy to be involved in maintaining AKD’s Condition Based Maintenance Systems. This position will include training and further development.
The fundamental purpose of this role is to plan, implement and maintain the effective Condition Based Maintenance Systems across the sites and play an integral role in the ongoing development of preventative maintenance and production efficiency.
This is a fulltime position based out of our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region – part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, and 1 hour to Geelong.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plan work, organize lubricants & identify opportunities to complete work i.e. in breaks, weekends etc. Ensure work package is complete.
- Be involved in shut work requirements.
- Evaluate pm checks and make recommendations as required.
- Obtain information from vendors / suppliers and impart knowledge to Shift Fitter and production personal etc.
- Liaise with Shift Fitters and production personal regarding existing issues on plant.
- Maintain the Lubrication plan for plant including remote lube points and automated lube systems. Plan will include frequency of lube, type of lube, locations to be lubed.
- Manage VA system on all crucial drives etc. Including VA points, frequency of checks, Graphing & Trending.
- Lube and VA System to be implemented onto MEX system. (Assist Maint Planner)
- Conduct laser alignment on site & assist trades people with equipment.
- Control oil sampling system on site.
- Control oil filtering systems & HPU maintenance.
- Assist with site thermography requirements.
- Conduct lubrication and VA runs.
- Complete all associated paperwork.
- Supervise site lubrication team.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant trade certificate.
- Previous experience on heavy machinery; preferably in manufacturing/industrial background.
- Sound knowledge, commitment and acceptance of OH&S Principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be self motivated and customer focused.
- It would be an advantage to hold a current Forklift licence.
- Sound Computer skills.
- MEX experience would be preferred.
- Have good problem solving skills.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
If you are results orientated and believe you hold the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘CBT0717’ to the below address.
Applications Close 23rd July 2017.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.