Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Condition Monitoring and Lubrication - CML21
19 February 2021
CONDITION MONITORING & LUBRICATION
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are seeking an experienced and trade qualified Maintenance Employee or Vibration Analysis (VA) experienced person that is flexible, willing to learn, enjoys a challenge and is happy to be involved in maintaining AKD’s condition-based maintenance systems and lubrication. This position will include training and further development.
The fundamental purpose of this role is to plan, implement and maintain the effective condition-based maintenance systems and lubrication across our site and play an integral role in the ongoing development of preventative maintenance and production efficiency. This is a fulltime position based out of our main site of Colac.
It is preferred but not mandatory that the successful candidate will have worked in a similar timber process manufacturing facility or industrial manufacturing environment.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Plan work, organise lubricants & identify opportunities to complete work i.e. in breaks, weekends. Ensure work package is complete
- Be involved in shut work requirements
- Evaluate PM checks and make recommendations as required
- Obtain information from vendors / suppliers and impart knowledge to Shift Fitters and production personnel
- Liaise with Shift Fitters and production personnel regarding existing issues on plant
- Maintain the lubrication plan for plant including remote lube points and automated lube systems. Plan will include frequency of lube, type of lube and locations
- Manage VA system on all crucial drives. Including VA points, frequency of checks, graphing & trending
- Lube and VA system to be implemented onto MEX system. (Assisting the Maintenance Planner)
- Control oil sampling system on site
- Assist with site thermography requirements
- Conduct and complete lubrication and VA tasks as scheduled
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Relevant trade certificate
- Previous experience on heavy machinery; preferably in manufacturing & industrial background
- Sound knowledge, commitment and acceptance of OH&S principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and customer focused
- Forklift license is an advantage but can be provided if needed
- Strong computer skills – including word & excel
- MEX experience would be preferred
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention for detail
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘CML21’ to the below addresses. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 10th March 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.