Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Exective Assistant - Applications Closed
5 November 2018
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. With the business currently undergoing exciting growth and with recent acquisitions; AKD Softwoods is now a national business employing over 1000+ people and is recognised for being growth orientated progressive company deploying the latest technologies.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a professional individual who can multi-task with strong organisational skills to join our dynamic team. The key to success in this position is the ability to manage a varied and high work load; with an excellent attention to detail, be persistent and resilient by nature and ready to work in a fast-paced work environment.
This full-time position is based at our Colac Head Office, supporting the CEO and the Executive Team.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for tasks such as:
- Providing effective and dynamic assistance and support to the CEO
- Manage the CEO’s diary ensuring their time is being used effectively
- Professional assistance to other key executives, including the Board of Directors where required
- Provide a high level of administrative support
- Planning and coordination of company events and functions
- Coordinating and communicating corporate accommodation and travel
- Drafting, reviewing and executing company reports, documentation and communications
- Overseeing company PR and managing social media accounts
- Other (reasonable) tasks as requested by the CEO
In order to be considered for this role:
- Have previous and successful experience in a similar role
- Be highly organised with adaptable and impeccable time management skills
- Professional and polished writing skills with the ability to ‘self-edit’
- Personal presentation and excellent communication skills are a must
- Have courage and confidence to raise issues or foreseen problems with relevant parties (including CEO)
- Recognise the role is not 9-5, and at times be on-call to provide support outside normal business hours.
Applications Close 16th November 2018. Immediate start available.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.