Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Graduate Electrical Engineer - Application Closed
9 November 2017
Graduate Electrical Engineer (Control Systems)
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400+ people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
AKD Softwoods is seeking applications from talented Graduate Electrical Engineers, to further strengthen our electrical team.
Reporting to the Electrical Manager, this role will involve a range of exciting and varying tasks with the opportunity for personal growth and development within the business.
The Graduate Electrical Engineer will be responsible for tasks including:
- Testing and acceptance of control system hardware and software
- Responsible for the modifications and maintenance of PLC systems
- Assisting shift electricians as necessary in terms of protocols & procedures for their work on selected PLC projects
- Producing technical reports
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and estimates.
This full time position is based at our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region – part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, 1 hour to Geelong and 2 hours to Melbourne.
Experience and Requirements:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Electrical Engineering or currently completing an Electrical Engineering Degree
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Strong understanding of Australian and International Standards
- Commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘GEE1117’ to the below address.
Applications Close: 22nd November 2017.
Note: Pre-employment testing will be required.