Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Kiln Operators - KILN0221
15 February 2021
7 days on, 7 days off – 12 hour roster
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
AKD are looking for committed, experienced and skilled kiln/boiler operators to join our team with responsibility for operating and loading our Timber Drying Kilns at our Colac and Irrewarra sites.
This ‘hands on’ position is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operation of equipment within the kilns department for optimum productivity, recovery and compliance with quality control systems.
These positions work an attractive roster, working 7 days on and 7 days off. Rotating between day and night shift, working 6:00am – 6:00pm for day shift and 6:00pm – 6:00am for night shift. This shift structure means only one-night shift block per month, and 2 weeks off per month.
Although not essential it is preferable that the successful candidates be experienced in operating large forklifts, and ideally have experience moving packs of timber. Training in the kiln process will be provided with a requirement of basic computer knowledge needed for this position.
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure safe systems of work are followed for all activities
- Set up and operate kilns and boilers effectively and according to standards
- Be highly proficient in operating mobile plant (Forklift up to 16 tonne), having demonstrated competency and experience in forklift operations
- Have a high standard of attention to detail, ensuring a quality product is delivered safely every time
- Preferably have experience working long shifts and rosters involving night work
- Must be able to work a rotating shift work roster
- Hold or be willing to obtain Advanced Boiler ticket
- Kiln Drying experience an advantage
- Forklift ticket mandatory
- Trade Qualification or experience in mechanical or electrical fitting a benefit
If you hold the commitment and energy to succeed in such a role, then please apply using reference code ‘KILN0221’ in your cover letter along with a resume. For further information please email email@example.com.
Applications close: Friday 5th March 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.