Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Kilns Area Coordinator - KILNS21
19 February 2021
KILNS AREA COORDINATOR
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Kilns Area Coordinator to join our maintenance team, with a strong commitment to safety and a focus and passion for continuous improvement.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will plan daily activities with a ‘hands on’ approach coordinating their team to achieve high levels of safety including preventative maintenance and production efficiency. This position requires the successful candidate to complete Root Cause Analysis to identify continuous improvement projects for our batch & continuous drying kilns. The position will report directly to the Maintenance Planner.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Support Maintenance Planner in weekly work packages for maintenance shift personnel
- Organise parts & resources for shift maintenance personnel
- Evaluate preventative maintenance checks and make recommendations and changes as required
- Liaise with shift maintenance and production personnel regarding existing issues on the kilns and identify engineering solutions to suit
- Ensure MEX work back log is accurate and under control
- Ensure critical spares are kept on site and in breakdown situations expedite parts to site with urgency
- Assist and undertake the Maintenance Planner duties when required
- Plan yearly shuts including all parts and resources
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Completed Trade Certificate (Desirable)
- Preventative maintenance experience
- Absolute commitment to health & safety
- Strong verbal and written communicational skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Efficient time management
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘KILNS21’ to the below addresses. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 10th March 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.