Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Mechanical Engineer - Application Closed
2 November 2017
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400+ people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
AKD Softwoods is looking for an appropriately qualified Mechanical Engineer who will provide technical and engineering support to our maintenance team.
We are looking for people who are self driven and hold a passion for process and engineering improvement.
Reporting to the Engineering & Reliability Manager, the successful candidate will ensure processing robustness and efficiency. This position will provide Mechanical Engineering expertise across design, process and reliability improvements, safety improvements and project management.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for tasks including:
Providing reliability and engineering expertise
- Supporting maintenance areas
- Ensuring that engineering standards are met on site
- Implement a drive for maintenance improvement strategies
- Producing technical reports
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and estimates
This full time position is based at our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region – part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, 1 hour to Geelong and 2 hours to Melbourne. The role will involve infrequent travel to our other sites across Victoria.
Experience and Requirements:
Mechanical Engineering degree
- This position is open to experienced and recently graduated mechanical engineers, experience in a manufacturing and process environment would be advantageous
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Strong understanding of Australian and International Standards
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘ME1117’ to the below address.
Applications Close: 12th November 2017.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.