Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Project Engineer - COLPRO
5 January 2021
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer that is flexible, driven, enjoys a challenge and has experience in the manufacturing industry to join our team at our site in Colac, Victoria.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Project Engineer works independently on various projects as assigned by the Site Manager. This position may provide input on the equipment, utilities, and process systems; take the lead on design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialised design. The candidate will work on several concurrent projects and could be recognised as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specialised systems. The successful candidate will frequently lead the design, construction, and installation of process improvements and small capital works projects.
The successful applicant will have a can-do attitude, be willing to get their hands dirty and to be able to work closely with key stakeholders including maintenance, project and operational teams.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Assesses project requirements, breaks projects into tasks and works with the Site Manager to determine scope of work while providing budget and programming input where appropriate.
- Writes scopes of work for designs (including equipment, utilities and process systems) based on preliminary review and user requirements.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new equipment, utilities and process systems and analyses the operation of existing systems with view to tie-ins and optimization.
- Carry out and review the work of the project design teams, checks the progress of the work and alerts the Site Manager of scope changes or additional services.
- Reviews contractor applications for payments and maintains a thorough understanding of the construction process associated with equipment, utilities and process systems.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within AKD, externally with vendors and with other relevant design professionals.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on the project scope.
- Works with operations personnel to lead and participate in Root Cause Analysis and Investigations.
- Lead small teams to define and implement process improvements and small CAPEX projects.
- Develops and promotes the use of AKD design and production standards.
- At least 3 years of proven engineering experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
- Equipment, utilities and process system design experience.
- A desire to or actively progressing towards becoming Chartered (preferred).
If you’re keen to join the AKD team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume (using reference code COLPRO) to: email@example.com
Note: Applications close 29th January 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.