Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Project Manager - COLPM21
12 October 2021
AKD is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager that is flexible, driven, enjoys a challenge and has manufacturing industry experience to join our team in Colac, Victoria.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this position will lead the design, construction, and installation of process improvements and capital works projects to optimise plant throughput. This position will provide technical expertise into specialist equipment design, operation and maintenance to achieve high levels of safety standards and equipment availability. The candidate will be required to work on several concurrent projects and engage internal and external stakeholders to drive business improvement.
The successful applicant will have a can-do attitude, be willing to get their hands dirty and to be able to work closely with key stakeholders including maintenance, engineering, and operational teams.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Critically analyse manufacturing processes to identify opportunity for improvement.
- Define project requirements, including scope of work, budget and timing.
- Provide excellent project management capability and engineering technical skills.
- Play a crucial role in managing key projects towards best practice manufacturing capability.
- Lead the development of engineered solutions to deliver lower operating costs, lower maintenance costs, improved equipment reliability, with optimum product quality.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders towards commercially sound outcomes.
- Ensure an ongoing focus on lifecycle product costs, process efficiency and innovation.
- Financial management of a program of CAPEX work, including planning, forecasting and reporting.
- Works with operations personnel to lead and participate in Root Cause Analysis and Investigations.
- Works with site teams to define and implement process improvements and small CAPEX projects.
- Lead risk management and safety throughout Projects.
- Develops and promotes the use of AKD design and production standards.
- Ability to self- manage workloads with urgency, within timelines, and multiple project deliverables.
- Degree qualified in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Electrical)
- 5+ years engineering and project management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Broad experience in equipment, utility and process system design and optimisation.
- CPEng or a desire to/or actively progressing towards becoming Chartered (preferred).
If you’re keen to join the AKD team and you believe you have the motivation/attitude we are looking for, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume (using reference code COLPM21) to: email@example.com
Note: Applications close 29th October 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.