Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Saw Doctor - SDVIC
26 January 2021
(Caboolture & Colac Opportunities)
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering opportunities for qualified, energetic and self-motivated people to join our sawdoctor team, with positions available at both our Queensland and Victorian operations. Relocation assistance is available for suitable candidates.
Positions are available at our:
- Caboolture Operation- located in the beautiful Moreton Bay Region of Queensland, within short travelling distance of Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, and
- Colac Operation- a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region– part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road and 1 hour to Geelong.
The roles will involve all aspects of saw doctoring, including works both in the saw-shop and the mill saw centres. These positions would suit dedicated and skilled applicants that are looking for a career in an innovative timber manufacturing business.
AKD invests heavily in and values its sawdoctoring teams and processes and are looking people to play a role in its continuous improvement.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure safe work practices
- Sharpen and maintain knives and saws, including levelling and tensioning saws
- Redress and maintain saw guide blocks and circular saw guides
- Ensure optimum standards are maintained in saw centre cutting practices
- Perform saw setups, calibrations, alignments and quality assurance activities
- Assist and be actively involved in saw centre performance / troubleshooting
- General housekeeping tasks
The successful applicants will have:
- Good time management skills, being able to prioritise tasks
- Commitment and hard working attitude
- Ability to work alone or as part of a group
- A keen eye for detail
Minimum Trade Qualification: Complete or Near Complete Certificate III Saw Doctoring
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SDQLD’ for Caboolture or ‘SDVIC’ for Colac to email@example.com or visit www.akd.com.au.
For further information please email or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applications close 8th February 2021.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.