Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Saw Doctor - Colac - SD0920
21 September 2020
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do! AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are offering an opportunity for an energetic and self motivated person to join our team of fully qualified and training saw doctors. Using the latest model Iseli CNC machines and Iseli auto benching center for bandsaws and Vollmer equipment for Circular saws.
This is a full time position based at our Colac site and will involve all aspects of saw doctoring. This position would suit a hard working and skilled applicant that is looking for a career in an innovative timber manufacturing business.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure safe work practices
- Sharpen and maintain knives and saws
- Redress and maintain saw guide blocks and circular saw guides
- Ensure saw lube units are at required levels
- Levelling and tensioning saws
- Set saws onto saw grinders and sharpen
- Perform saw changes and preventative maintenance
- General housekeeping tasks
The successful applicants will have:
- Good time management skills, being able to prioritise tasks
- Commitment and hard working attitude
- Ability to work alone or as part of a group
Minimum Trade Qualification: Complete or Near Complete Certificate III Saw Doctoring
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SD0920’ to the below addresses.
For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Coordinator) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 30th September 2020.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.