Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Saw Doctor Apprenticeship - Colac
24 September 2020
SAW DOCTOR APPRENTICESHIP
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members, we are the largest timber milling business in Australia and are passionate about what we do!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports individuals, embraces team work, and encourages a ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity under our Apprenticeship Program. We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated person, with a strong willingness to learn and achieve to join our Saw Doctor team.
This position will be based alongside our team of fully qualified Saw Doctors and apprentices across both our Colac and Irrewarra sites. Learning all aspects of the role, this position will work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Saw Technology.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure safe work practices
- Sharpen and maintain knives and saws
- Redress and maintain saw guide blocks and circular saw guides
- Ensure saw lube units are at required levels
- Levelling and tensioning saws
- Set saws onto saw grinders and sharpen
- Perform saw changes and preventative maintenance
- General housekeeping tasks
The successful applicants will have:
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong communicational skills
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- High commitment to Health and Safety
- Ability to work as part of a team
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SDA1020’ to the below addresses:
Applications Close: 2nd October 2020
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.