Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Store Person - STORE21
19 February 2021
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do - make it happen’ attitude.
We are currently seeking an energetic and self-motivated Store Person to join our team to assist with the day to day operations in our stores department.
This position is based at our Colac operation and will play an integral role in maintaining spare parts levels, ensuring parts are received and allocated to the correct departments on time and when required. The store person will be involved in all aspects of store work, working 5 days a week from Monday to Friday and working 7.6 hour days.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to demonstrate their organisational and customer service skills as well as focus on continuous improvement within the stores department.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage inward and outward freight including loading and unloading of goods
- Clerical duties using stock management systems
- Receipt and storage of parts & equipment
- Package parts to be distributed locally across the site and via courier
- Arrange and present the store in a safe and efficient way
- General cleaning duties in store
- Operate forklift and walking stacker
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence (Manual is preferable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong computer skills – including word & excel
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Forklift license is an advantage but can be provided if needed
- Any training and licensing required for the position will be provided by the company (if not already held)
- Act autonomously
If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘STORE21’ to the below addresses. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Coordinator) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 10th March 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.