Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
12 February 2020
AKD is a vertically integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products and employing over 1,000 people across three states. We seek people who share our values and our commitment to ensuring we have a truly sustainable business. In return, there are great opportunities to develop your career while being rewarded and recognised for your contribution.
AKD are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated person to assist with the day to day operations in our stores department. This position is based at our Colac operation and will play an integral role in maintaining spare parts levels, ensuring parts are received and allocated to the correct departments on time and when required.
The store person will be involved in all aspects of store work, working 5 days a week from Monday to Friday and working 7.6 hour days.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to demonstrate their organisational and customer service skills as well as focus on continuous improvement within the stores department.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage inward and outward freight including loading and unloading of goods
- Clerical duties using stock management systems
- Receipt and storage of parts & equipment
- Package parts to be distributed locally across the site and via courier
- Arrange and present the store in a safe and efficient way
- General cleaning duties in store
- Operate forklift and walking stacker
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence (Manual is preferable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong computer skills – including word & excel
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Forklift licence an advantage, but not mandatory
- Act autonomously
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘STORE20’ to the below address:
Applications Close: 28th Februrary 2020
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.