Careers - Colac and Irrewarra - Victoria
Structural Timber Advisor
14 June 2019
Structural Timber Advisor
AKD Softwoods is a vertically integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products and employing over 1,000 people across three states. We seek people who share our values and our commitment to ensuring we have a truly sustainable business. In return, there are great opportunities to develop your career while being rewarded and recognised for your contribution.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute self-motivated and experienced person to join our team in the newly created position of Structural Timber Advisor.
Reporting to the National Technical Manager this position will work closely with the production, marketing and sales departments, focusing on providing engineering solutions to our customers, as well as informing product development and selection and business decision making.
The person coming in to this position must be willing to get their hands dirty and get a real understanding of timber, it’s application in the building industry, the sawmilling process and products produced.
Using this knowledge and your technical skills the objective of the role is to then educate and support customers on the use of timber as a structural product by increasing awareness, identifying benefits and providing timber engineering/construction solutions. The role will then leverage this awareness by identifying opportunities for AKD in fostering new markets and customer bases.
The Structural Timber Advisor will be responsible for tasks including:
- Providing reliability and engineering expertise
- Getting to know our customers and their drivers for timber product choice
- Understanding the drivers behind product selection in design
- Providing technical advice with respect to timber design and product use in the building industry.
- Contributing to planning, procedures, QA and technical learning
- Preparing calculations and reports
Experience and Requirements:
- Completed or near completed Degree in or Structural Engineering, Architecture or Building Construction
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Strong understanding of Australian and International Standards (an advantage)
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘STA0619’ to the below address.
Applications Close: 28th June 2019.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.