Careers - Job Vacancies
Electrical Draftperson - Applications Closed
27 June 2018
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 600+ people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
AKD Softwoods is seeking applications from appropriately qualified Electrical Draftsmen, to further strengthen our electrical & automation team.
Reporting to the Electrical & Automation Manager, this role will involve a range of exciting and varying tasks with the opportunity for personal growth and development within the business.
This exciting opportunity provides flexible working arrangements for the right candidate, with the potential for full or part time hours.
This position will be responsible for tasks including:
Preparation of electrical schematics for projects
- Modify and maintain existing site electrical drawings
- Manage and maintain documents and drawing sets
- Design, modification, upgrades and maintenance of PLC systems
- Producing bill of materials from drawings
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and estimates.
This position is based at our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region – part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, less than 1 hour to Geelong and 2 hours to Melbourne.
Experience and Requirements:
Trade qualification or have an electrical Diploma or Degree
- Sound technical knowledge of electrical design principals
- Experience in AutoCAD electrical preferred
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Strong understanding of Australian and International Standards
- Commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘GEL0618’ to the below address.
Applications Close: 28th June 2018.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.