Careers - Job Vacancies
Human Resource Coordinator - Applications Closed
13 July 2016
Human Resource Coordinator
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forest products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is internationally recognised for being an innovative company, employing the latest technologies across its multiple production facilities. With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 330 people, we are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join our team.
AKD Softwoods is currently seeking an energetic Human Resource professional for this primary frontline role assisting in the execution of day to day human resource activities.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the position plays a key role as a member of the People and Culture Department; working towards the effective planning, implementation and performance of the Human Resource function across the organisation.
This is a fulltime position based out of our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region– part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, and 1 hour to Geelong.
Role and responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Assist in development and implementations of HR Policies and Initiatives.
- Administration and management of HR documentation, including the HR Information System.
- Foster, support and enhance Company Culture, with a focus on our People.
- Induction and onboarding support and assistance
- As part of a team, assist in the promotion, administration and management of the Health and Wellbeing Program and WorkCover Function.
- Provide HR support and assistance to managers, supervisors and employees.
The 'right' person:
Qualified in HR (or similar), this role will suit a proactive, energetic and driven individual looking for the next step in their career. The role can be shaped to suit both an entry level or experienced HR professional.
The position requires a team orientated person with strong administration skills and a natural bias towards people and their wellbeing. Whilst also having the ability to challenge and enhance existing processes and systems.
Attention to detail, strong communication and leadership skills and the credibility to deal with a range of internal and external stakeholders, is integral within this role.
To be considered for this role, you shall posses the following:
- Understanding of HR/IR legislation and its associated framework
- Sound computer skills, including MS office
- Experience in Injury Management (desirable)
- Display the organisations values (Honest, Engaged, Accountable, Respectful, Team Orientated)
Remuneration commensurate on skills, experiences and fit to the organisational culture. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘HRC0716’ to the below details.
Applications Close 28th July 2016.
Note: Pre-employment testing may be required.