Careers - Job Vacancies
IT SUPPORT OFFICER - Level 1 / 2 - Applications Closed
21 June 2017
IT Support Officer - Level 1/2
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400 people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
AKD Softwoods is looking for an experienced and self motivated IT professional, to join our growing business.
The role will expose the successful candidate to infrastructure including servers, virtualisation and software defined storage, networking, wireless network links, mobile scanners, and more.
- Help desk support – prioritising, escalating and documenting incoming requests as per company IT service level agreements. Troubleshooting and resolving workstation, server, network and other IT technical issues.
- Daily management of standard operating environment for all company work types, company server, network, backup and disaster recovery and all other IT infrastructure – including documentation, maintenance and monitoring of hardware and software.
- IT projects – research, documentation, pricing, procurement and implementation for IT projects such as hardware and software purchases, upgrades, office moves or system migrations.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience across the level 1 & 2 space.
- Customer focus and excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Practical working knowledge of Windows desktop and server operating environments
- Excellent practical knowledge of business and enterprise IT best practices (ITIL Training highly regarded)
- Prioritising, time-management, flexibility
- Strong logic and troubleshooting ability
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Tertiary qualification or IT certificate highly regarded
- Systems administration and active directory experience highly regarded
- Current drivers’ license required
Applications Close: Sunday 2nd July.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, maybe required. Position Description available upon request.