News - Job Vacancies
IT SUPPORT TRAINEE - Application Closed
21 June 2017
IT Support Trainee
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400 people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
AKD Softwoods is looking for someone with a passion for IT and a desire for developing their knowledge and skills. The IT Support Trainee will have the opportunity to work with our high performing IT team, where you will learn all aspects of the IT and Desktop Support function.
The position would suit all ages and experience, with a focus on people with strong computer skills and willingness to learn.
- Supporting the Team Leader Information Management and Service Desk
- Installing, maintaining and servicing computer-related products
- Implementation of new small scale projects into our IT environment.
- Technical escalations.
- General day to day I.T duties as required
- Provide excellent customer service.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A passion for IT and a thirst for developing your knowledge and skills
- Experience in current windows-based computer systems, software applications, desk-top publishing and word processing
- Excellent problem solving, communication and customer service skills
- Organisation and reliability / Time management Skills
- A strong work ethic and be a team player
- Lead by example
- A high level of attention to detail
- outstanding oral and written communication skills
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘ITT0717’ to the below addresses:
Applications Close Sunday 2nd July 2017
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.