Careers - Job Vacancies
Industrial Electrician Rotating Shift Day/Afternoon - Applications Closed
27 June 2018
Rotating Shift Day/Afternoon
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 600+ people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
AKD Softwoods is seeking applications from trade qualified electricians, to further strengthen our electrical & automation team.
Reporting to the Electrical & Automation Manager, this role will involve a range of exciting and varying tasks with the opportunity for personal growth and development within the business.
As part of an established electrical team, the scope of work will include a broad range of tasks including:
- Performing trouble shooting, planned preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on plant and equipment
- Diagnosing and correcting all electrical faults
- Perform minor installations and commissioning work as required
- Identifying opportunities and supporting plant improvement
- Producing and reviewing electrical design solutions of current and future requirements
- Providing deliverables including drawings, calculations, specifications and scope of work
- PLC training to be provided on site if required
This full time position is based at our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region – part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, less than 1 hour to Geelong and 2 hours to Melbourne.
Experience and Requirements:
A class electrical licence
- Experience in a similar is an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a group
- Focus on preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace
If you are results orientated and believe you have the commitment, energy and the motivation to make a difference, please email or mail your resume and cover letter using the reference code ‘IE0718’ to the below address.
Applications Close: 6th July 2018.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.