News - Job Vacancies
Industrial Shift Electrician x 2 - Applications Closed
20 March 2018
Industrial Shift Electrician x 2
Rotating Shift Day/Afternoon
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company,
growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 600 people, AKD Softwoods are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join their team.
We are seeking two trade qualified Industrial Electrician to join our electrical team.
These are exciting opportunities for astute, committed and self-motivated people to join a dedicated and innovative electrical and automation team.
These are full time positions based at our main site of Colac.
As part of an established electrical team, the scope of work will include a broad range of tasks including:
- Performing trouble shooting, planned preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance on plant and equipment
- Diagnosing and correcting all electrical faults
- Perform minor installations and commissioning work as required
- Identifying opportunities and supporting plant improvement
- Producing and reviewing electrical design solutions of current and future requirements
- Providing deliverables including drawings, calculations, specifications and scope of work
- PLC Training to be provided on site if required
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have:
- A Class Electrical license
- Experience in a similar role is an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a group
- Focus on preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
Colac is a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region– which is part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, just 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, less than 1 hour to Geelong and less than 2 hours to Melbourne. Relocation assistance available if required.
Note: Applications Close: 30th March 2018.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.