Careers - Job Vacancies
Logistics Manager - Applications Closed
14 September 2015
AKD Softwoods is a successful vertically integrated forest products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is internationally recognised for being an innovative company, employing the latest technologies across its multiple production facilities. With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 330 people, we are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join our team.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a strong 'business minded' Logistics Manager to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this position will be directly responsible for the management, business development and continuous improvement of AKD's fast growing and fast paced logistics function.
Key functions of the role include:
- Manage the Logistics Department in a safe, efficient and cost effective way
- Manage over twenty staff including truck drivers, forklift operators and administrators
- Identify, create and execute systems and processes to enhance department
- Negotiate and forge strong alliances with external freight contractors
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements
If you are a commercially focused, 'hands on' manger with the commitment, energy and motivation to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘LOG0915’ to the below details.
Remuneration commensurate on skills, experiences and fit to organisations culture
For further information call Clark Rodger (HR Manger) on (03) 5231 9100, or visit www.akd.com.au
Applications Close 18th September 2015. Note: Pre-employment testing may be required.