Careers - Job Vacancies
Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson - Application Closed
2 November 2017
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400+ people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute self motivated person to join our Maintenance team in the position of Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson.
Reporting to the Engineering & Reliability Manager, the position will be integral to the further development of the Company’s Maintenance function and systems. The role will consist of controlling the mechanical engineering drawings and specifications across the site, as well as assisting in the project design and continuous improvement of machines and processes.
The Mechanical Designer/Draftsperson will be responsible for tasks including:
- Coordination of the site mechanical engineering document library.
- Control of site mechanical engineering drawing register.
- Control of site mechanical engineering specifications and drawings for new and existing machinery and parts.
- Involvement in the mechanical design stage of projects, creating required engineering documentation so as scope and manufacturing can occur.
This full time position is based at our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region – part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, 1 hour to Geelong and 2 hours to Melbourne.
Experience and Requirements:
- have a strong mechanical background, with a ‘hands on’ approach.
- be a driven self starter, who can work autonomously.
- be able to relate well and engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- have experience in a processing or manufacturing environment (advantageous).
- have relevant trade or post trade qualification with extensive mechanical experience.
- Ability to use appropriate software to get quality outcome including CAD, 3D Solid Works, Prosteel, Micro Station, Navigator and Point Cloud concept
- Plant 3D for p&id drawings and piping etc.
- Experience or Training in similar role or area of work.
Remuneration commensurate on skills, experiences and fit to organisations culture. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘DRA1117’ to the below addresses.
Applications Close 5th November 2017. Immediate start available.
For more information visit akd.com.au
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.