Careers - Job Vacancies
Operation Supervisor - Colac Green Mill - Application Closed
9 November 2017
Operation Supervisor - Colac Green Mill
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 400+ people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated person to lead our Colac Green Mill Sawline. This is a great opportunity with major operational upgrades and investment currently underway in this very department.
The position requires a suitably qualified, experienced and ambitious Supervisor/Manager who is committed to our people, their safety and continuous improvement of our product and processes.
With a positive and mature attitude, the incumbent will lead daily activities with a ‘hands on’ approach coordinating people and equipment to achieve high levels of safety, performance, equipment utilisation and quality. Reporting to the Green Mill Production Manager, the position holds great career and development opportunities.
Leading a team, it is preferred the applicants have previously worked in a leadership position and hold a tertiary qualification in Commerce, Engineering or other relevant fields but relevant experience will be considered. A true passion for process improvement is required.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring, supervising and leading employees
- Employee recruitment, development, training and management
- Ensure production targets are met (quality and volume)
- Development and improvement or processes and procedures
- Lead Health and Safety improvement initiatives
- Lead & participate in root cause analysis and problem solving
Experience & requirements:
- Tertiary qualification preferred (other key qualifications or experiences may be considered)
- Absolute commitment to Health & Safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Strong organisational skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Experience in engaging with multiple stakeholders
This is a permanent full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘SUP1117’ to the below addresses:
Applications Close Wednesday 15th November 2017
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.