News - Job Vacancies
Silviculture Forester - Applications Closed
30 July 2015
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. Employing over 300 people, AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies. We are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ people to join our team.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute self motivated person to join our team in the newly created position of Silviculture Forester
Reporting directly to the Resources Manager, this role has been developed to assist in the planning, management and implementation of the silvicultural programs across over 8,000 hectares of Company owned radiata pine plantations, as well as numerous privately owned plantations. The role is also important in ensuring that activities are compliant with environmental, safety and quality targets and regulations.
The Silvicultural Forester will be responsible for tasks including:
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of the Annual Operations Plan and Annual Budgets.
- Implement and maintain a forest health surveillance program
- Development, review and implementation of Safe Operating Procedures
- Ensure that the productivity and quality of the company’s forest estate is continuously improved through the application of modern and innovative forestry practices on a site specific basis
This full time position is based out of our main site of Colac; a regional city located in the fully serviced South West Victorian region– part of the rapidly growing Otway Ranges, 40 minutes to Lorne and The Great Ocean Road, 1 hour to Geelong and 2 hours to Melbourne.
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- have completed a Forestry degree, or equivalent.
- have a sound knowledge of forest operations and contractor management, including relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- be a driven self starter, who is commercially astute.
- be able to relate well and engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- have previous experience in a similar role
- have highly developed and proven planning, organisational and problem solving skills.
Remuneration commensurate on skills, experiences and fit to organisations culture. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘FOR0815’ to the below addresses.
Applications Close 4th August 2015. Immediate start available.
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.