Careers - Traralgon - Victoria
Bookkeeper - BOOK1021
1 October 2021
Jelfor Timbers is part of the AKD Group which is a successful forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
Jelfor Timbers is offering an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper to join our team in Traralgon to support the continued growth of the business. The position will provide bookkeeping, clerical support and assistance and support to the Site Manager and Site Finance Manager.
This full-time role will require someone with a genuine desire to go ‘above and beyond’ and is looking for a role to develop and enjoy a successful career with Jelfor Timbers based in Traralgon.
The position will best suit someone with a qualification in accounting or bookkeeping, or similar proven experience in a role such as this. The key to success of this position be the ability of the individual to use their attention to detail and strong level of accuracy as well as someone with a welcoming and professional attitude.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day to day accounting transactions
- Assist accountant with preparing the monthly accounts
- Improve and create internal business processes
- Reconciling of bank accounts
- Managing the accounts payable and receivable functions including payments
- Credit control of overdue payments
- Review payroll and other related payroll tasks
- Basic HR and WHS administrative tasks
- Stock control and management
- Responsible for the credit application process
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Preferred qualification relating to bookkeeping or similar with experience considered essential
- Experience in assisting an Accountant or Finance Manager
- Strong level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable for workload
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Competent computer software skills, including Excel and other financial accounting packages such as Reckon
- Contacting and maintaining relationships with customers and vendors
If you believe you have the proven experience and energy and are motivated to make a difference, then please apply via using reference code ‘BOOK1021’ in your cover letter & resume by emailing email@example.com. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben Bailey on 0411 400 919 or Lauren Beattie on 0408 530 789.
Note: Applications close 22nd of October 2021
Pre-employment tests required.