Careers - Tumut - NSW
Finance Manager - FM0221
16 February 2021
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do’ attitude.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute, self-motivated person to join our team in the position of Finance Manager responsible for our Tumut Business. Partnering closely with the Tumut Site Manager and managing a small on-site finance team, the role will provide financial and commercial support to the Tumut operation using the existing information systems.
This full-time position is based at our Tumut site.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for tasks including:
- Preparation and presentation of financial and management reports
- Budget & Forecast preparation
- Cashflow forecasting and management
- Capital expenditure evaluation and justification
- Assist with procurement, supply chain and payroll
- Assist in database and business system development
- Ad-hoc analytical assignments to support strategic and tactical decision making
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- Be a driven self starter, who is commercially astute
- Be suitably tertiary qualified and preferably CA/CPA qualified
- Relate well to, and engage with, a variety of stakeholders.
- Have experience in a processing or manufacturing environment (advantageous)
- Be able to communicate effectively across the entire organisation
The role would suit a finance professional seeking a role with a significantly broader scope than your traditional accounting role.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. Flexible working arrangements may be considered for the right candidate. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘FM0221’ to the below addresses.
For further information please email email@example.com or call Michael Swanson (Recruitment Manager) for a confidential conversation on (03) 5231 9100.
Note: Applications close 10rd March 2021
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.