Careers - Yarram - Victoria
Bookkeeper Jelfor Timbers, Traralgon
22 July 2020
BOOKKEEPER - JELFOR TIMBERS
Jelfor Timbers is part of the AKD Group which is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products; used in everything from house framing through to garden beds and furniture. With 12 operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members and are passionate about what we do! AKD are proud of our diverse team culture, that supports individuals as exactly that, and encourages a ‘can do’ attitude.
Jelfor Timbers is offering an exciting opportunity for a Bookkeeper to join our team in Traralgon to support the continued growth of the business. The position will provide bookkeeping, clerical support and assistance and support the Site Manager and Site Finance Manager.
This full-time role will require someone with a genuine desire to go ‘above and beyond’ and is looking for a role to develop and enjoy a successful career with Jelfor Timbers. The position is located at Jelfor Timbers based in Traralgon.
The position will best suit someone with a qualification in bookkeeping or similar proven experience in a role such as this. The key to success of this position be the ability of the individual to use their attention to detail and strong level of accuracy as well as someone with a welcoming and professional attitude.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day to day accounting transactions
- Assist accountant with preparing the monthly accounts
- Improve and create internal business processes
- Reconciling of bank accounts
- Managing the accounts payable and receivable functions including payments
- Credit control of overdue payments
- Review payroll and other related payroll tasks
- Basic HR and WHS administrative tasks
- Stock control and management
- Responsible for the credit application process
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Preferred qualification in Diploma of bookkeeping (however experience is considered essential)
- Experience in assisting an accountant or Finance Manager
- Strong level of accuracy & attention to detail
- Ability to take responsibility and be accountable for workload
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Competent computer software skills, including Excel and other financial accounting packages such as Reckon
- Contacting and maintaining relationships with customers and vendors
If you believe you have the proven experience and energy and are motivated to make a difference, then please apply via using reference code ‘BOOK0720’ in your cover letter & resume. For further information please email email@example.com or call Daryl Hann on 0438 764 569 or Lauren Beattie on 0408 530 789.
Note: Applications close 7th of August 2020
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.