Careers - Yarram - Victoria
Site Accountant - Applications Closed
17 April 2018
AKD Softwoods is a successful and integrated forestry products company, growing and manufacturing quality timber products. AKD Softwoods is well recognised for being a progressive company, employing the latest technologies.
With a proud history, stable ownership and employing over 600 people, AKD Softwoods are focused on building a culture of continuous improvement and are looking for the ‘right’ person to join their team.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an astute, self-motivated person to join our team in the newly created position of Site Accountant responsible for financial support for Yarram and Traralgon Businesses.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the role has been developed to provide financial support to both operations using the existing information systems. The role will work closely with site management at both sites and will have regular exposure to the group Executive Team.
In this full-time position there is an expectation that a minimum of three days per week will be worked out of our Yarram Operation. With the additional two flexible across either the Yarram or Traralgon business.
The Site Accountant will be responsible for tasks including:
- Budget & Forecast preparation
- Cashflow forecasting and management
- KPI analysis and reporting (financial and operational)
- Capital expenditure evaluation and justification
- Assist with procurement, supply chain and payroll
- Assist in database and business system development
- Ad-hoc analytical assignments to support strategic and tactical decision making
In order to be considered for this role you will:
- be a driven self starter, who is commercially astute
- relate well to, and engage with, a variety of stakeholders.
- have experience in a processing or manufacturing environment (advantageous)
- be suitably tertiary qualified
- communicate effectively across the entire organisation is a prerequisite
The role would suit a finance professional with industry experience, seeking a role with a significantly broader scope than your traditional accounting role, or a motivated chartered accountant looking to make the move into industry.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and organisational fit. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email or post your resume and cover letter using reference code ‘YAC0318’ to the below addresses.
Applications Close 27th April 2018. Immediate start available
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, may be required.