Apprentice Fabricator – FABCOL22
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
AKD has a long standing and successful Apprenticeship Program and is seeking motivated and driven candidates to join our Fabrication team as Apprentice Fabricator.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity under our Apprenticeship Program. We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated person, with a strong willingness to learn and achieve to join Fabrication team.
This position will be based alongside our team of fully qualified Fabricators and apprentices across our Colac & Irrewarra sites. Learning all aspects of the role, this position will work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade.
Key duties & areas of development will include:
- Working in a team environment to complete day to day fabrication tasks, with strong communication skills
- Project work and continuous improvement
- Performing breakdown works efficiently to support production & maintenance teams
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant standards
- Absolute commitment to safe work systems
- Planning, organising and ability to prioritise tasks
The successful applicants will have:
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- Good mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong communicational skills, verbal & written
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
- Commitment to health and safety
Throughout and post the completion of the program there is opportunities for experience to be gained at other sites/locations, with accommodation and travel support provided.
With a commitment of 4 years required to complete your trade, gain on the job training, and attend trade school, individuals must be highly motivated, flexible, and keen to learn. AKD is committed to developing and supporting individuals throughout the program.
This is a full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your application form (click here) & resume using reference code ‘FABCOL22’ to email@example.com.
Applications Close: 27th January 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.