Apprentice Wood Machinist – WMCOL22
WOOD MACHINIST APPRENTICESHIP
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated ‘can do – make it happen’ attitude.
AKD has a long standing and successful Apprenticeship Program and is seeking motivated and driven candidates to join our Production teams as a Wood Machinist Apprentice.
These positions will be based alongside our team of fully qualified Wood Machinists and apprentices across our Colac site. Learning all aspects of the role, these positions will work towards the completion of a Certificate III in Wood Machining.
These positions will support the efficient operations of our Dry Mill process as our Wood Machinist Apprentice, ensuring our equipment are set and maintained to achieve a high-quality standard of product and process. This position is perfect for someone with passion for continuous improvement, working in a team environment and is seeking a career in wood machining.
We are offering a great opportunity and strong career path development opportunities for the right candidate. Relocation assistance is available for the candidate and their family.
Key duties & areas of development will include:
- Perform tasks safely & efficiently
- Grind and set up planer heads
- Operate a planer and feedworks to process timber products
- Assess and maintain cutter performance
- Fault diagnosis and rectification
- General maintenance and care of machinery
- Comply with standard operating procedures and work instructions
The successful applicants will have:
- Commitment to health and safety
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- Good mathematical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Reliability and flexibility
- Strong communicational skills, verbal & written
- Strong commitment and desire to learn and achieve
Throughout and post the completion of the program there is opportunities for experience to be gained at other sites/locations, with accommodation and travel support provided.
With a commitment of 3 years required to complete your trade, gain on the job training and attend trade school, individuals must be highly motivated, flexible and keen to learn. AKD is committed to developing and supporting individuals throughout the program.
This is a full-time position with a promising future. If you have commitment, energy and are motivated to make a difference, please email your application form (click here) & resume using reference code ‘WMCOL22’ to email@example.com.
Applications close: 27th January 2023
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.