Computer Science Graduate – CSGRAD
Calling on Computer Science graduate
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,200 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business.
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple ‘can do’ attitude.
As part of our National Graduate Program, we are seeking a Computer Science Graduate (and will consider Mechatronic disciplines as well) that is flexible, driven, have a desire to learn, to join our national team.
The successful graduate will work both collaboratively and independently on projects as assigned by Senior Managers as aligned to their field of study. These positions may provide input on the strategy, resources, and operational activities they are responsible for. A benefit to our national program is the ability for the graduates to be exposed to different functions and operations within the business that supports their career goals and aspirations. These roles will also be part of a graduate cohort program where additional professional development will be provided. This includes:
- A positive, fun, and engaging experience
- Exposure to multiple business functions/departments and ideally sites
- An experience with real projects, responsibilities and building expertise
- Support from a dedicated mentor for the duration of the program
- Structured networking with AKD personnel and peers
As part of the graduate cohort, we are looking for individuals who have a desire to learn on-the-job, problem solve and have a can-do attitude. Graduates must be willing to think creatively, be able to work closely with and foster strong engagement with key stakeholders, business, and operational teams.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Optimising systems through setup and configuration to achieve maximum value for processes
- Deliver setup and configuration that allows for smooth and easy experiences for key users
- Work with software and hardware with solid plans in servicing, updating, back up plans and reliability
- Set up operational teams and provide “best practice” through well documented processes and clear explanations on configurations
- Bachelor of Computer Science or similar
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
If you’re keen to join the team and are excited by the prospect of being part of this national program, then please apply by sending your cover letter & resume describing your personal interests, experience and aspirations (using reference code CSGRAD) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 28th October 2022